Thursday, April 26, 2007

Turkeys



So, I can't hunt elk in CA because the average tag cost about $10,000, so I have become addicted to something else. Turkey hunting. These birds are just like an elk they talk (for the non-hunter reader, talking is used to describe noises the animals make during the breeding season. Elk bugle and turkeys gobble)

Anyway, I have been going out quite often in the early morning chasing these little birds and have had so much fun calling them in. (Calling is what the hunter/me does to get the bird/animal to come to me so I can shoot it) The central coast has turkeys everywhere, they are like flies on food, they are literally everywhere. By the way, this was a hard hunt as you can see the big tom gobbler is soaking wet as was I from being rained on during the whole excursion.

I can't wait until Garrett is big enough to shoot a gun, this is going to be the first thing I take him to do as far as the hunting goes. I am sure he will love it!

I just thought I would share what I have been up to other then taking care of the house which I might add looks absolutely wonderful. And after this weekend we will have a little patio area in the backyard for our outdoor furniture to be placed so it will be a very inviting summer party place. Hope everyone is doing well for everyone else.

Aaron

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker