Friday, November 16, 2007

Where in the World is Aaron Fall 2007







Well I am back, after traveling North America I have a little break. (Three weeks to be exact) I have been to CO, WY, GA, and MT since the end of September. I have to say it has never felt so good to be home. I miss home, I miss Sarah, and I miss Garrett. Above are some photos of my recent trips. I hunted in CO for elk with the Magazine Outdoor Life. I probably wouldn't have gone on this hunt, but it was a paid archery hunt, and since I am addicted to archery elk hunting I couldn't resist. Working for a firearms company I don't get to do much feather flicking that often. This was a great trip but I unfortunately missed a big bull at 40 yards and wasn't able to fill my tag. It was a great trip with allot of horseback riding and walking. Always good for the physical fitness.

Then, the travel really heated up with two trips in October. I went to Glenrock, WY for my normal antelope and mule deer hunt, this was a great trip and is alway relaxing. We stay in a hotel that was built in 1903 and is supposedly haunted. My boss has had 3 encounters with the female ghost who comes and visits the people who stay in room 208. Its pretty cool I think. We had a great time but was very excited to fly to Sacramento to meet up with Sarah and Garrett at Sarah's cousins wedding in Auburn.

I return home just in time to pack and travel to GA for a little quail hunting. All I can say about this trip is that I won't live in GA. I did the humid thing on my mission and don't want any part of it any more.

And now today. I just returned from MT, where I went into the Bob Marshall Wilderness for 8 day to elk hunt. What an experience. I rode over 100 miles on horseback and spent half of my time in snow. It was a true wilderness adventure. The writer I took was successful on the first day and then I missed a bull elk on the third. I wasn't successful on this hunt but the experience will provide memories for an eternity.

I hope everyone is doing well. I am looking forward to seeing everyone for the holiday. Talk to ya'll soon.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Welcome home, Aaron. Glad to have you back safely. Your trip to Montana looks like a wonderful experience with nature. You must be in great shape to handle horseback riding when you don't do it very often. And the snow, burrrrr!
Bet Sarah & Garrett are happy you're home. Stay put for a while, partner!
See ya for Thanksgiving.

Mandi said...

Aaron-

It sounds like you have made many great memories on all of your adventures. We are all glad you are home at least for a little while and look forward to Christmas this year with all of us!

Anonymous said...

Welcome home Son, glad you are back with your family, I know all of you will enjoy the holiday being together. We love you and we have a lot to be thankful for, have a fabulous thanksgiving. MOM

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker