Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Garrett's Best Friend

Aaron's Post:

Growing up as a child, I had alot of things. I was pretty well blessed because of my parents sacrifice. At the age of three something very special came into my life. Her name was Fawn. She was the runt out of a litter of black Lab/German short haired puppies. I don't remember a day of my childhood that she wasn't a part of.

Fawn was part of our family until I was 18, I remember the day that I found her in the backyard. I new something was wrong, because she didn't come to the gate to greet me when I got home from work. There are many fond memories of that old dog and me covering the pages of family albums.

Well, all these memories led me two years ago to getting Koda, and as you can see by the pictures, Garrett and him are best friends. They love to play together, which includes playing dress-up.

There have been many movies of boys and their dogs, "Ol' Yeller", "Where the Red Fern Grows", ok even "Homeward Bound." It's true that they have an attachment that really is inexplicable. I think Garrett will benefit from this friendship for many years to come.

Koda is a great dog, still a puppy, but a great dog. He is really part of the family and he watches Garrett like a hawk. We love him to death and truly consider him a blessing!

4 comments:

julie said...

Our first dog was named fawn she was our first dog, actually our first dog was a boxer but she was evil so I like to not remeber her! Cute pictures!!

The McKay's said...

i got a little teary eyed reading your post...i grew up with dogs too and i had a very special bond with my samoyed, Koki. She was a great dog and I miss her a lot. Ellie Mae has been such an added blessing to Carson's and mine life--i can't imagine life without her! :) great post.

Anonymous said...

Dalton loves Boomer....even when he's crying and sad, if we bring him by Boomer, it gets him laughing...he's an old dog, though, so hopefully he'll still have some spunk for when the little guy is running around

Anonymous said...

Aaron, thanks for reminding us of your relationship with Fawn, there was a very special bond between you two. I see the same bond with Dad and Valentine. Garrett and Koda are differently starting that same king of relationship. Love your post and love you all, MEME

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker