Friday, January 11, 2008

OLE' MEXICO




I just got back from another adventure in Ole Mexico. I went down to the state of Sonora to hunt Coues Whitetail. Man is this a blast. These little deer only weighs about 100 lbs, when they are fully mature. (Average Whitetail weighs about 200 lbs) They are very difficult to see and most shots are 300+ yards.

Its also allot of fun because it gives me a great opportunity to polish up on my Spanish. I still can speak it and seem to be the life of the camp for the Mexican guides who only speak a little English and most of that is foul. I enjoy talking to them and hearing the stories they tell in Spanish. What a great culture. As you can see I was quite the Vaquero, taking a little time to help gather cattle one afternoon.

Anyway, we had a great trip and even got home early. Sarah was happy about that. I wasn't supposed to be home until Saturday but I got home yesterday afternoon. Hope everyone is well. Stay tuned for the the next adventure.

3 comments:

Bennett Gallery said...

awesome! Sounds like a fun trip - can't wait to hear more about it in Vegas!

Sean

Unknown said...

Hi! This is Mandy (Vukich) Liston. I went to high school with Aaron. Our 10 year reunion is this year, and I'm trying to put together a contact list. Could you please send me your info: mailing address/phone #/e-mail. Hope you are doing well!
-Mandy
mandvy98@yahoo.com

Topsy said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker