Sunday, June 17, 2007

Happy Father's Day

We had a wonderful Father's Day. The Kirk's (Jenn, Ryan and Kai) were here visiting from Ventura. We went to church where the Young Women delivered one of the best sacrament meetings. They had such beautiful voices and the talks on Father's were too sweet. They gave all the fathers a Snickers bar to snack on.


Garrett and Kai playing in the living room









This made me reflect on how grateful I am for Aaron and the father he is to Garrett. I feel so lucky to have someone that wants to support, guide and be a priesthood holder in the home. I'm also grateful for my own father and the love he has shown me. Growing up he was always there for me and I will never forget my dad dressing up like a hula monster at my birthday parties. He is always there to deliver comedy, and comfort me.




Aaron and Garrett this weekend at the club.






My Dad and I






Another father I hold dear to my heart is my Grandpa Marv. He helped raise me, even when I was going through the tough times. He is always has an open ear or a shoulder to cry on.

Aaron's dad is such a wonderful father, father-in-law and grandpa (Papa 2 as we call him). I respect all that he does for his family and the example he is for Aaron. Without his gentle heart and spirit I know Aaron wouldn't be the person he is today.




Aaron's Dad (and Mandi) playing with Garrett




We can't forget Papa Smith. He too is so much like Dennis (Aaron's dad), or Dennis and Aaron are just like Papa. He has a soft soul and has set some high standards on being a father to live up to!

We love all the fathers in our lives, especially our Heavenly Father. Hope your day was special, you deserve it!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

What nice remarks about your family!

Jenn Kirk said...

We had a great weekend and you guys hosted an awesome party for the Ashbys. Thanks again!

Love,
Jenn

Mandi said...

I love the post. A very beautiful tribute to fathers.

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker