Wednesday, August 15, 2007

Where in the World is Aaron--Season 2



WOW , After 7 days with no shower, loosing 12 lbs, drinking creek water and eating Mountain House backpack food and smoked salmon, walking up and down some of the steepest canyons I have ever walked. I am finally home, oh, not to mention a late night flight to Bakersfield instead of my original flight to SLO. Thanks MOM! (She picked me up at 11pm and we drove to Atascadero)

I can't really give the whole story on the blog, it took 12 pages in my journal but here are some pictures to give you an idea of my adventure. This is a hunt I will never forget, the physical and mental stresses were unbelievable and the 4 hour hike up 3000 vertical feet to our spike camp was to the limit of my physical capabilities.

This area is a remote location outside of Fairbanks, AK in the Alaska mountain range. It took a 45 minute puddle jumper ride, a 3 hour quad ride and a 2 hour hike to our spike camp to get to the hunting area.

What a dream is all I can say, but it is so good to be home. Garrett is just connected to me, continually hugging me and squeezing my neck.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you got home safely. We were worried about you hunting in a remote area. We'll be in Alaska soon, but on a cruise ship. The only way to go!!

Anonymous said...

Nice...glad you had a good trip. Kindof a gruelling way to lose weight, though....

April said...

Where in the world are the smiths??? I have been trying to get your new address because we wanted to send garrett his bday present!! This is April worried in Clovis Cali signing off, call me!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker