Sunday, August 5, 2007

Where do I begin?















It was an eventful weekend.
Thursday Aaron and I along with the other Smith/Kirk kids went and saw Rascal Flatts with Jason Aldean. We all had such a great time hanging out together. It really was a treat to go out on the town and not have to pay for babysitting (thank you to Aaron's mom and dad).

Friday we entertained Shelli and her friend Robert around the Central Coast. We went to Firestone's for a tri-tip sandwich (the best tri-tip you will ever have, if you have not had it you must come visit and I will be happy to take you there!), then walked around downtown and checked out all the new shops they have put in.. We then drove to the Avila Valley Barn. It's an farm that has a fresh produce market, hay rides for kids, petting zoo and a homemade ice cream shoppe...I would also recommend this as a must visit Central Coast spot. We continued our tour to Avila Beach to soak up sun and let Garrett play in the sand. We really had a great day!It is so difficult to get a cute picture of Garrett...he is just too busy to stop for a baby photo paparazzi.

Saturday Aaron and I went with some friends to the Rodeo at the Mid State Fair, we had a great time and watched Phil Vassar perform. He is an amazing talent, I didn't realize he wrote "My Next Thirty Years" who is sung by Tim McGraw. He performed many of his own hits, along with some of the songs he has written for other artists.

Today, Sunday, we enjoyed church then went to Paso for our friend Bret's 30th surprise birthday party, we had a BBQ dinner, watch all the kids run and play together and enjoyed a yummy Madonna Inn Black Forest Cake! Wow, was that thing HUGE!

Today I realized that I have been married for 4 1/2 years and have been a member of the church for almost 6. It is amazing to me how time passes by so fast. I look back at all the time in my life I had stressed out about things or worried, but now I'm finding out that life will come as it may, but my faith in Jesus Christ, my loving family and wonderful friends will always be here for me, to bring me back up and keep me strong. I'm truly grateful for that.

2 comments:

Jenn Kirk said...

You guys are looking good! =)

Mmmmmm, I miss that Madonna black forest cake. Can you mail some to me?

April said...

I am jeoulous!I am on my way to Tim and Faith tonight...I will post pics on the blog...I can't wait! How is the move going? I miss you guys!!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker