Friday, August 17, 2007

A Little More about the Sheep Hunt



Sarah said that I should give a little explanation of why, (other then the fact that my company pays for these hunts) I decided to hunt Dall Sheep in AK. For years I have seeked the adventure side of hunting. Before working for weatherby, I had not shot a rifle for 14 years, strictly shooting a bow, all for the challenge. A few years back my dad and I got into making the recurve style bows. You know the ones the Native Americans killed George Armstrong Custer with. That was allot of fun and even more challenging.
Now as far as archery goes, I love to elk hunt, but I am using the the training wheels (compound bow). I know most of the terminology is over your head, you'll have to come by my house and take a look in the garage to understand completely. Elk Hunting with a bow is the ultimate challenge being that these huge animals live in very high places.
Well the sheep hunting deal was the challenge, take a look at the pictures of where I slept for 4 days and what we had to do to get there. It put every aspect of hunting and every sensory to its max. If you want more info, just give me a call. Like I said earlier, 12 pages in my journal. I have tons of stories. Hope all is well. Stay tuned for the next adventure.

3 comments:

Chris said...

Hey Aaron, its Chris Hecht here. I haven't seen you probably since you got home from your mission. We're getting old man! Check out our blog at: http://hechtfam.blogspot.com/
Anyway, send me an email at chrishecht@hotmail.com. Want to catch up with you! Take care,
Chris

Aaron Smith said...

Chris,

Its good to hear from you. I sent you an email. Lets keep in touch. Your family looks great and very happy.

Bennett Gallery said...

Happy Big Birthday Mr. G! Love, Sean, Michelle and Claire!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker