Friday, October 10, 2008

Rule #563: Rockets Don't Go in the Toilet



9 a.m., Wednesday

I was at my usual pregnant position, on the couch with feet propped-up, when I noticed the house was quite...not a good sign. I walked down the hall to the kids bath room to find 2 inches on water on the floor and a plunger in the toilet!

AHHHHH...

After spending most of the day on cleaning up the mess, washing 10,000 towels, going to the hardware store to buy a snake, Aaron taking the entire toilet out of the floor we finally figured out the problem...a toy rocket had been flushed down the toilet (picture shown in exhibit A)

Two things I learned from this experience:

1. Garrett is pretty cleaver to figure out if something is stuck in the toilet, you get a plunger.
2. If you have a 3-year old, there is no such thing as putting your feet up and relaxing.
3. Buy more door locks!

2 comments:

The Waldrams said...

It sounds like Garrett is very mischievous! I can't believe you are going to have your baby so soon! Good luck!

Sandy said...

Sara, I feel for you! How crazy that Aaron had to remove the toilet! I just think - Calvin and Hobbes. There is that exact scenario in those cartoons. Maybe you should nickname him Calvin - just kidding :) Good luck!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker