Friday, October 3, 2008

The Bob
















As many of you may know, we are expecting a little girl very soon, so I had one last chance to sneak away and do some hunting before my season comes to an end. So why not make it an adventure. 25 miles into the Bob Marshall wilderness in MT would do it. We left a week ago last Wednesday for the Danaher camp of WTR Outfitters in the Bob Marshall wilderness complex. We rode 25 miles on horseback and enjoyed a primitive but comfortable camp for a whole week. The hunting was tough, it was really hot for this time of year and the elk weren't practicing their normal yearly ritual of rutting.



All and all it was a tough week but I did manage to take a pretty nice bull on the third day. One of five guys that was there and the only one who was successful in taking an elk. I love the chase for elk, they are such a majestic and challenging animal. Oh failed to mention that I had to rebuild the hitching post after my guide's colt spooked while tied to it and torn the thing out of the ground. I guess I earned my wages while I was there. Hope all is well with everyone. Talk to you soon.

5 comments:

Debbie said...

Great pictures. Beautiful country. Your trip sounds like a dream-come-true for the avid hunter. I've always heard that elk are very hard to get, they are very smart. Glad you got home safely!

Lora Lovell said...

Nice! Hey...wondering if you could send me your email address..we are now going private with our blog, and I would like to keep you guys on the list!

Hope you are all doing well!!

Aaron Smith said...

Lora,

my email is asmithpro@gmail.com Talk to you soon.

Mandi said...

Hey, I am glad you had a great time kind of. It seams like it was a little chaotic at times. I am sure you heard my news while you were gone...at least I hope Sarah told you. Glad you are home for round 2 of the smith kiddo's coming!

kandi Smith said...

Uncle Aaron this is Peyton :I saw yout picture of you on your bike, you look really sill." I had to write that Peyton in looking at pictures of Garrett because hse asked about him, and saw the one of Uncle Aaron Kove you guys, hope baby Lily is there soon. MOM

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker