Saturday, May 3, 2008

TURKEY ADDICT

For the past 16 years, dad and I have been going to Colorado to chase elk almost every year. These animals weigh about 7oo lbs on the hoof and make a huge amount of noise. Well two years ago I found an animal (actually a bird) that is about 1/25th the size of an elk and make about 3x the noise that an elk does. You guessed it, wild turkeys. I have become addicted to chasing these birds ever since, and until yesterday I was batting 100% on harvesting them. But I guess the excitement was just to much to handle.

Now for all of those thinking that hitting one of these birds is easy with a shotgun, I proved yesterday that even at 10 yards you can miss, over and over and over again. Enjoy the clip, I guess its proof that even the great white hunter is unsuccessful sometimes.

Oh the other reason I like this type hunting is I am the one doing all the calling and setup, unlike most of the hunts I go on with Weatherby, I am the guide, outfitter and hunter. This hunt, was also proof of why I hunt, its for the chase not the killing like some might think!

Can't wait til next spring!

No comments:

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker