Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Catching Up

So much has been going on lately, and I'm way overdue for an update.

1. Had my baby shower, which was awesome and I had a wonderful time celebrating with family and friends. Thank you everyone for the adorable little outfits, blankets, bows, and other cute girlish must haves!--I have no pictures of this event, I'm waiting for my mom to mail them to me...hint, hint mom! Also, I had a shower that my darling friends at work through me, I really hate this picture, I look like a fruit bat. Seems like every prego pic of me includes the dreatful double chin...ahhhh!

2. Celebrated Garrett's 3rd birthday party at Avila Beach, it was a relaxing day. Good food, great weather and wonderful company!
3. Belly continues to grow and I'm getting closer to d-day (4 weeks left)! So far the pregnancy has been going great, no complications! I was so nervous that I was going to get that toxemia like with Garrett, but so far so great! My only complaints include: soar feet, fat hands, and indigestion...yuck! Oh and one more...NONE, and I mean NONE of my pregnancy clothes fit anymore, the belly is just too huge.

4. Nesting--The whole nesting thing has been getting a little out of hand. Got both of the kids rooms painted and decorated, including their bathroom! Made the kids curtains, love how they turned out! Actually hired someone to paint the living room, hall way and entry way. Painted a little table and chairs for Garrett, installed carpet in the master bedroom closet, and learning how to manage cleaning this house...never ending! Back story on master closet is that when we moved in there was no flooring, just concrete and a tack strip...needless to say it was not very safe or comfortable on the feet.

5. Decorating for Fall! I love this time of year. Crisp weather, cool nights, a slight stillness in the air, oranges, yellows and reds grace the landscape. I jumping ahead and have already decorated the house for fall. I can't wait to wear pants and sweaters again!

6. Planning for baby. I'm trying to still figure out how we will coordinate sleeping times, feeding time, attention time for both kids...I really hoping for peace in the house and no toddler breakdowns!

7. Garrett just had his 3 year check up and here are the stats:
28 pounds=13 percentile
3 feet tall=14 percentile
Healthy and growing strong!Here is a picture of Garrett today, he picked out his shirt and said "this is my golf shirt mommy"


8. Here is a pic of Aaron coming home from work, on the bike! Go Aaron!

We are very happy in your new home, love the new ward and are getting so excited to welcome a new addition into our family. Things couldn't be better!

3 comments:

Kiwi said...

You are definitely keeping busy. I love how the kids rooms turned out. The paint colors look great. I love the picture of Garrett at the beach. Can't wait to meet Lily in only four weeks!

Amy said...

Looks like you guys are having fun! I love the bathroom wall, so cute! Isn't it fun to get all that girly stuff, love it. Good luck w/ the last couple of weeks, pretty soon you'll be able to sleep more comfortably (just with a few interruptions at night). Way to go Aaron riding to work, going green and healthy!

Mandi said...

Great post Sarah! You have been needing an update. I love the rooms the most, soo cute. Did Aaron wear that too work or was that just to ride home in??? Garrett Peyton is catching up with you, you better get to growin!!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker