Sunday, January 28, 2007

Our Little Excursion




My neighbor Jenn invited Garrett and I to travel with her to the Santa Ynez Valley, which has grown extreme popularity from the movie "Sideways". It is about a hour and 15 min. drive South from Atascadero. We went and visited her parents, who had the biggest most beautiful house I have ever seen. It was all Spanish architecture, with original Mexican artwork, a fountain, wine cellar, all on the hillside overlooking the Santa Ynez Valley. It was gorgeous.

We went for a little drive into town to this cute store call "Back on the Ranch" it had all kinds of cowboy decor and apparel, even for children too. We spend like an hour and a half in that store. I ended up getting this really cute outfit for Garrett (shown below). It was pretty pricey, so I just did a lot of looky-looing:)

On the way back to Jenn's parents house we past a little town call Ballard. There was a little red school house that has been in operation since 1882. The school house holds k-1 graders. I just thought it was the cutest thing ever.

It was a great day, but after chasing after Garrett making sure he didn't break any collectibles...I was exhausted and went to sleep at 8:00 p.m.!

Aaron got home this morning...soooo happy to have him home for a whole month!

2 comments:

Jenn Kirk said...

That is a cute little school! Haha, but I hope that they don't have a school marm that'll slap your hands with a ruler if you're bad!

Anonymous said...

Or what if they still put kid in the corner with a dunce cap? Oh dear!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker