Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Baby Girl Name


After much debate Aaron and I have come to a consensus with choosing a name for our baby girl...

Lily Jane

The name Lily is sentimental for me since (1) The calla lily is my favorite flower, and (2) my grandmother's garden is filled with calla lilies and the name Lily reminds me of her, and she is one of the most amazing women I've ever known.

The middle name Jane is a family name. It is my mom's middle name and my own middle name.

It took Aaron a few days to accept the name, but now he loves it. We are so excited for Miss Lily to come into this world.

5 comments:

Kiwi said...

I love the name Lily. I've always wanted to name one of my daughters Lily, but of course I married into a family that already had a Lily. I can't wait to meet Lily Jane Smith.

julie said...

What a perfect name!

Putnam Family said...

Lily Jane is a beautiful name! I can just picture the calla lillys in Mom's yard and little Lily Jane will always remind me of her Great Grandmother's beautiful garden! We can't wait to meet sweet Lily Jane!

Love you
Aunt Nancy

Lorne said...

Congrats, it's a beautiful name, I'm so happy you're having a girl! -keely

left coast jorgs said...

LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the name. Let's get together and make some stuff...J

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker