Thursday, June 19, 2008

BIENVENIDO DE ARGENTINA




Well its about 10:30pm on Thursday June 19, 2008. I am setting in the Lodge of South American Adventure Safaris some 5 hours north of Buenos Aires, Argentina. I will start by saying that I really miss my family and can't wait to get home.

This has a been a trip that really can't be described in words or pictures. We are testing our new Semi-Auto Shotgun which has perform flawlessly. (thank heavens) We are able to hunt several species of birds include, dove, duck, and perdiz (Argentina's quail). The cool thing is the populations are damaging to the farm crops so there are no limits on doves. Needless to say I shot 1000 doves on the first day.

Now for all you animal lovers, let me explain. The government has regulations on the amount of birds that have to be killed. They actually poison more then all the hunters that come down here shoot. Ducks are carefully watch and each hunter is allow 20 a day. This was probably my favorite hunt.

They also poison parakeets, yes folks thats right, parakeets. The country is infested with them and they are actually considered a pest. They are the only bird that instead of just eating the seeds of the crops, they cut the whole stem off, which means they destroy the food crops completely.

I am not a ruthless killer, we pay good money which assists the ranches with their 40% property tax, we have it really good don't we.

Well I can't wait to get home on Sunday. Sarah, Garrett and baby Lily see you soon, you are in my heart and mind, love you more then you will ever know!

I will show pictures later!

4 comments:

Kiwi said...

Only in South America. What do you do with a 1000 dead doves? Do you bury them in a mass grave?

Debbie said...

I know a certain 2 yr. old who really misses his Daddy! I'm told that he looks for you every morning and waits for your return. Can't wait to see pictures of Argentina. Hope you got to spend some time in the cities as well as the wild backcountry. What a great opportunity for an outdoor enthusiast.

Lora Lovell said...

So Aaron, what is your job? It looks like a lot fun! My husband really wants to know what you do! Have Fun!

Aaron Smith said...

Lora,

I work a company by the name of Weatherby. If your husband know about guns he will know the name. I am the Marketing Coordinator for the company so I do all of our PR marketing. This is one of the perks of the Job. I get to travel around the world taking clients and writers on hunts to T&E our product. Pretty cool, huh!

DaisypathAnniversary Years Ticker